Authentic learning happens when students respond by creating.
Often iPad apps are seen as a quick fix to boredom – used to entertain, with minimal thinking involved. Here are 4 free apps to use in the classroom, for students to create, rather than to consume!
- Using number lines as a basic counting tool in Numeracy, and annotate to show different numbers on the line.
- Making numbers to 100 using the Base 10 blocks.
- Forming a variety of numbers and annotating their extended notation. This could be photographed and added into Educreations, to include students voice to explain their thinking.
- Counting to 10. Students can take a photo of themselves, add a mouth and record their verbal counting.
- Role-playing. Students can record their thoughts on what to say in certain situations they may encounter in the classroom or in the playground.
- Oral presentations. Students can record their thoughts on…
View original post 159 more words